Life is pretty busy at the moment and I'm tired! so just a quick blog post to show what I'm working on at the moment. Hope you like her :)
The idea of our party was to have fun encouraging other people to be creative. We prepared different activities for people to try:
- crocheting bags with plarn
- making sock monkeys
- sewing flowers
- making altered art journals
We also had a good supply of cookies, brownies and other snacks :)
Everyone had a great time and hopefully we encouraged those already creative people to try new things and we awakened the sleeping creativity in everyone else!
How many of you went to an Etsy Craft Party on Friday night? I organised one here in Mostar and we had a great time. I'll post some photos and write more about that another day, today I want to share with you how I made bunting for the party, cos you can't have a party without bunting!
What you need:
- old magazines
- 10 metres of 1 inch ribbon
- sewing machine
- take a page of a magazine and fold it into 4 (see picture a)
- cut the paper from the bottom left corner to the top of the first fold and then from the top of that fold to the bottom of the next and from the bottom of that fold to the top of the next fold and from the top of that fold to the bottom right corner of the page. (see picture b)
- throw away the 2 end pieces and you have 3 triangles of bunting.
- pin the triangles to the ribbon. (see picture c)
- repeat this as many times as necessary to make the length of bunting you want.
- sew the triangles to the ribbon. (see picture d)
And it's as easy as that!
I'm in the UK at the moment visiting friends and family - hence the lack of blog posts! As I haven't got time to make amigurumis on this trip I thought I'd do a blog post about something British instead. I had a quick look on etsy for things made using the Union Jack flag and I found this amazingly cool cushion set from the Pop Britannia range at Karen Hilton Designs. Using some of the most recognisable British icons, it comes in 4 different colour ways.