Not the skull, just the pitcher and other stories...

Today's theme for Fresh Stitches Design Week is 'Trouble Spots'. Yesterday I told you that I am trying to make an amigurumi version of this picture for the current Plush Team challenge. I showed you how I'd done the skull and ended by saying 'next step - the pitcher'.
The pitcher is definitely a trouble spot! It's such a weird shape, it is going to be really hard to make it in 3d. Here's a sketch where I've tried to imagine it flattened out. I've only drawn 2 sides - the third side will be even harder!
 I've decided to start with the base as an equilateral triangle and build it up from there, making each side separately. Does anyone have any better ideas or other advice to give?
And in today's other news, the circus is in town! If you look carefully you can see a black blob to the right of the first megaphone - that is the backside of a monkey! Yes, a real monkey, tied to the roof of the van as it goes through town advertising the circus. I took the photo quickly with my phone as it drove by which is why I managed to miss getting all of the monkey. Some things only happen in BiH! (well probably other places too, but not any places I've been too.)

This blog post is for Day 5 of Fresh Stitches Design Week.

5 comments:

Stacey (FreshStitches) said...

I like the triangle base!
I sometimes crochet through the front loop only on the corners, to make them 'pointier'... maybe that would help?

out of the frame said...

thanks :) I'll try it.

Brea J. said...

Yikes! Looks like a toughie....I hope it turns out alright :)

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

I'll be interested in seeing what you do. Your inspiration and project is so cool.

out of the frame said...

Thanks Brea and Marie - I'll keep posting my progress so you can see how it turns out!