inventing recipes



I just made this cake. I think I'll call it Chocolate Banana Yogurt Cake. I'll try and give you the recipe but I'm not totally sure of the quantities cos I made it up as I went along.

6oz flour
5oz golden sugar
3oz cocoa powder
1tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2oz butter
1 egg
2 very ripe mashed bananas
some 0.9% plain yogurt - pouring from the bottle for about 3 seconds if that helps!

I mixed it all together, poured it into a cake tin, sprinkled smashed up oreo cookies on top and cooked it on 200 for 20mins.



As you can see from this picture - it's kinda thin! I think that's because I put it in a cake tin that was too big, but it could be cos it needed more baking powder. Anyway it tastes good and has a quite fudgy texture. Try it and let me know how it goes!

0 comments: