What a week...


Last week seemed to last forever. There were some really good moments. My sister and her husband were visiting from UK and we had a great time all together going to the beach for our day off, BBQ with friends, hanging out together and working together in klub. But then there were also some really bad moments. One of the kids who comes to our youth club died from an electric shock. He was only 10 years old. He was with us in the youth club in the morning, his usual excited self, and then the news came during youth club in the evening that he had died in hospital as a result of an accident that afternoon. There are no words in this kind of situation. Seeing his friends break down and cry in front of us in the youth club as they kept saying to themselves over and over again 'he's dead, he's not here anymore' was heartbreaking and I'm just glad that we were there to give them what comfort we could. The funeral was on Saturday. There were over 1,000 people there as his Dad is a footballer in the local team and so his family are very well known. Images of it are imprinted in my mind but I can't find the words to describe it. The words that are going round my mind at the moment are from this song. All of my life, in every season, you are still God, I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship.
oh and in case you're wondering, the amigurumi in the picture is one of the things I'm working on at the moment.

0 comments: