How to make the face of your amigurumi


The head of your amigurumi is the most important bit to get right. The head with the combination of how you do the face and hair is where all the personality for your amigurumi comes from. I often just start making a head, doing the hair and the face and then when that is done I decide what the rest of the body will look like because then I know the personality of my amigurumi! So one of the most important things for the face is the eyes. I recommend buying safety eyes from EnamiEyes on etsy. They are fantastic quality and come in all shapes, sizes and colours. You can see on the picture how different colours and different sizes of eyes really change the personality of the amigurumi. I often use felt to add extra detail to the eyes as you can see in the last picture here. If you look at my flickr account you can see a lot more examples of different ways of doing the eyes. I very rarely give my amigurumis a mouth, but when I do I use embroidery floss and keep it very simple. Click here to see an example. Then finally the nose - as you can see I also keep the nose very simple. I just take the same wool I have used to make the head and sew 2 or 3 stitches on top of each other or next to each other depending what kind of nose I want. Experiment and see what works for you.

0 comments: