I've never seen Star Wars


Believe it or not I have never seen Star Wars! I know that is unusual amongst people of my generation but then I think in many ways I am unusual. I grew up without a TV for a start...

Anyway, a friend of mine has some nephews who really love Star Wars and they have been living in another country with their family this year because of their Mum's job. The whole family is coming home this weekend and so my friend asked me to make a couple of Star Wars amigurumi characters to give to her nephews as welcome home presents.

I'm quite pleased with how Yoda turned out - I didn't have a pattern to follow, I just looked at some pictures of him and made it up. His coat was the hardest thing to make - but I did it, hood and all!

The other character I made was R2D2 but I forgot to photograph him. I made him using a pattern from LucyRavenscar Crochet Creatures.

So all in all for someone who has never seen Star Wars I think I did a pretty good job!

4 comments:

Lowell and Son said...

Totally awesome, looks like the Force is with you! ha ha

out of the frame said...

Thanks Leslie :)

cutedesigns said...

I love this! Star Wars is pretty much my fave film(s) of all time. I've grown up with it. :D

out of the frame said...

:) thanks Donna